Taxpayers keep asking will I be paying more tax or less tax in 2018. The tax brackets are decreasing but so many of my deductions are going away. How do I know where I will fall out? CST Group is here to guide you through the new tax law and help calculate how the different nuances of the new tax law will impact you.
For those of you that are in Pass-Through entities or an owner of a sole proprietor business the Section 199A 20% deduction is by far the most complex and important provision for you. When this provision came into effect there were many unknowns. We can help you understand what we have learned about the implementation of Section 199A since its Enactment Tax and can identify areas where guidance is still needed. Some of the areas CST Group can help out with are:
- Identify and understand plausible tax return positions to take with respect to those areas of Section 199A where the IRS has not provided guidance.
- What is a trade or business for purposes of Section 199A.
- When is a rental activity a trade or business.
- Relationship between the trade or business requirement and the passive activity rules.
- How tiered entities claim the Section 199A deduction.
- Calculating W-2 limitations when there are related business entities and/or common paymaster.
Contact CST Group today and let us help you with tax planning for 2018 so there are no surprises on how the new tax law will impact you.