Debbie Haines joined CST Group in 1988 and has more than 35 years of public accounting experience. Over the years, Debbie has developed her tax expertise in multiple sectors, but specializes in pass through entities (especially real estate partnerships) as well as the unique area of estate, gift, and fiduciary taxation. Having lived and worked in Texas before moving to the Metro DC region, Debbie is also familiar with the complexities surrounding the taxation of the oil and gas industry. Furthermore, she is CST Group’s authority on tax research and tax research software.
Prior to joining CST Group, Debbie worked at an accounting firm in Texas that was later absorbed by KPMG. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and Information Systems from the University of Texas of the Permian Basin and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Elementary Education from Ohio University.
Debbie lives in Arlington, VA, and is passionate about volunteering. She’s a long-time volunteer at ArenaStage, a national center dedicated to American voices and artists.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Northern Chapter of VSCPA
- McLean Estate Planning Council
- Ways to Prevent Identity Theft article for CST’s January 2017 newsletter
- Important Information Regarding Estate Planning
- ABLE Accounts for a Disabled Beneficiary
- IRS Releases Health Care Reform Information Reporting Requirements For Employers — What It Means For Your Company