John Persil joined CST Group, CPAs, PC in 1991 and has more than 30 years of professional experience as a CPA working with firms across a wide range of industries including government contracting, non-profit, professional services, and real estate. In addition, John is a Certified Fraud Examiner. He oversees assurance engagements, which include audits, review and/or compiling of financial statements, internal control analysis and risk assessment. In addition, his expertise includes tax preparation and strategic tax planning for closely held businesses and high net worth individuals. Clients appreciate his focus on long-term relationships.
Prior to joining CST Group, John spent several years in corporate accounting, gaining valuable experience in the real estate industry. John holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accountancy with Mathematics and Computer Science minors from Radford University. He resides in Herndon, VA, with his wife and is passionate about volunteering and teaching religious education at his local church. He currently sits on the board of directors for Public Art Reston. He also enjoys golf, music, running, and biking.
- Top Wealth Advisor by Washingtonian Magazine – 2014, 2015 and 2017
- Super CPA by Virginia Business Magazine and Virginia Society of CPAs – 2013
- Top Financial Professional by Northern Virginia Magazine – 2018
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designation from the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)